Views:2 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-24 Origin:Site
Do you use outdoor gear? Owned it at an expensive price. However, some wrong maintenance methods will damage your equipment, so how to maintain outdoor equipment?
I. How to clean and maintain the tent
It is very important to clean and maintain the tent after use. It is related to the service life of the tent and directly affects the future use. The cleaning of the tent should be carried out according to the following procedures:
1. Clean the bottom surface of the tent, wipe off the sand and sand, if there is pollution, you can gently scrub with clean water.
2. Dry the inside and outside of the tent and store it again after it has dried. If it is too late to dry the tent, remember that it must not be stored for a long time to avoid coloring and mildew. Dry immediately.
3. Clean up the sediment of the pole.
4. Check the tent accessories and their integrity.
5. It is not advisable to wash with washing supplies to avoid affecting the waterproof effect.
II. The maintenance and cleaning of sleeping bags
Most of the sleeping bag fillers currently on the market use hollow cotton. A little more upscale uses down and the like as a filler.
Remember the following points about the maintenance of sleeping bags:
1. It is best to store it in the sun after use.
2. Try not to pack it in a compressed bag when not in use. It is best to hang it in the closet like clothes, and put it in the compressed bag when it is used.
3. When you use it, you can buy a sleeping bag liner, or you can make one by yourself, use it inside the sleeping bag, and it is not easy to dirty the sleeping bag.
4. Cleaning of cotton sleeping bags: You can turn the inside of the sleeping bag to wash it outside, stick the magic buckle to avoid hanging the fabric of the sleeping bag, use a neutral detergent, and finally rinse with clean water, remember to rinse more several times.
5. Do not dry-clean the down sleeping bag, it will destroy the warmth of the down. Down sleeping bags are strongly recommended to use sleeping bag liners, which can reduce the number of washings. If it is dirty, you can use a special cleaner to treat the dirty part.
III. Cleaning and maintenance of jackets and hiking shoes
1. Cleaning of Jackets:
The most important thing is not to use a washing machine. The dirty cloth of the jacket is made of chemical fiber material, which is easy to remove stains. Soak in neutral detergent for about five minutes. Clean the dirty areas with a soft brush or sponge. After washing, directly hang the clothes hanger without drying.
2. Maintenance of hiking shoes:
Clean the upper regularly. After returning from each activity, gently wipe the dirt with a soft rag or water or detergent. Do not brush with a brush, then place it in a ventilated place to dry, often keep the shoes dry. Avoid contact with sharp objects and chemicals. If the leather surface is worn, (burr edge) can be scraped off with a razor flat, apply a little skin care agent. Normally, the shoes should be protected from exposure to sunlight and fire. After washing, the shoes should be dried in a ventilated place to avoid direct sunlight, so as not to cause aging, deformation, and mesh surface breakage.
Let the boots dry, preferably outside the house to receive direct sunlight. In order to speed up the drying of wet shoes, the shoelaces should be removed, the insoles should be taken out, the boots should be opened to the maximum extent, and the newspaper should be tucked into the shoes to absorb the water. Never place wet boots near heat sources such as fire or heaters. Otherwise, the skin will shrink, leaving your shoes small or leather split. The rubber bottom will melt.
IV. Cleaning method of hiking shoes:
1. Brush off dust with nylon shoe brush. For stubborn stains and salt stains, rinse with water and then brush off. Use an old toothbrush to brush away the dirt in the concealment and gaps. Put baking soda into your boots to get rid of moisture and odor.
2. If the skin looks very dry and begins to lose its color, you should moisten it as soon as possible to prevent it from cracking. Consult the shoe manufacturer and use the method recommended by them.
3. Use chrome steel to remove the rust on the metal.
4. Once your boots are cleaned as new, keep them in a cool, dry, dark place for next use.
V. Cleaning and maintenance of the backpack
1. During the camping period, the backpack should be tightly closed. At night, you must use a backpack cover to cover the backpack. Even in sunny weather, dew will still wet the backpack.
2. The camp can put the empty backpack under the feet and put it outside the sleeping bag, insulated from the cold ground to improve the sleeping temperature. When you come back, you must clean the backpack. If it is too dirty, you can use a neutral detergent to clean the backpack and put it in a cool place to dry it. Avoid exposure for too long. Because ultraviolet rays will damage the nylon cloth, you must still pay attention to basic maintenance during the hike.
3. When the backpack is scratched, it is necessary to sew it immediately. The thicker needle thread is used. The needles used to sew the seat cushion must be sewed firmly. The nylon thread can be baked with fire.
4. The collection backpack must be in a cool, dry environment to avoid mold damage to the waterproof coating of the outer layer of the backpack cloth. Check the main supporting points on weekdays, such as the waist belt, shoulder straps, carrying the stability of the system, to avoid the deterioration or hardening of the pad, but the zipper should be replaced. Don’t wait until the thing slips out of the backpack.
VI. Suggestions for washing fleece pants
1. Use cold detergent to soak for 2-3 minutes (not to soak for too long, otherwise it will damage the color of the clothing), rinse with water and absorb the water with a large towel, then lay it flat to dry.
2. After rinsing with clean water, it can also be folded, placed in a laundry bag for dehydration, and then laid flat to dry.
3. If you use soft essence, do not drip it directly on the clothes. You should first dilute the soft essence with water before putting it in the clothes.
4. It is not advisable to mix it with a towel to wash it, otherwise the dander will stick to the clothes.
5. Please follow the washing instructions to wash the clothes, indicating that the dry-cleaned clothes should not be washed without permission, and should be sent to the dry-cleaning shop for dry cleaning.